Strategic IS Project
£60k +car + extensive benefits
Location; Northamptonshire, ref: 672
Our multi national client requires a Strategic Project Manager
responsible for managing 1-2 large strategic projects at any
given time, with project spend likely to be in excess of £1M.
Responsible for managing a range of resources required to deliver
the project. This will include permanent dedicated resource
as well as contracted or outsourced support.
Manage day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple
workstream and large-scale projects:
• Ability to understand and effectively control project
scope at all points within the life cycle.
• Lead valid scope changes in a controlled manner whilst
• Effectively applies and enforces agreed Programme Management
Office standards and methodologies
• Has a strong understanding of the core concepts and
key principles of both packaged software and bespoke software
• Demonstrate an understanding of basic revenue models,
Profit and Loss, and cost to completion projections, which will
enable effective financial and risk management decisions to
• Holistic understanding of the impacts of decisions on
the wider business both in the utilisation of resources and
in the consequences and risk profiles.
The Strategic IS Project Manager will also :
• Manage project budget, including forecasting under/over
spends, appropriately escalating when necessary
• Challenges others to develop as leaders while serving
as a role model and mentor. Inspires co-workers to attain goals
and pursue excellence.
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive
suggestions for change
• Effectively applies Group and IS related methodology
to ensure project standards are maintained, tackling areas of
non-compliance where identified.
• Indirectly manages conflicting functional inputs to
ensure project delivery to timescales and within resource constraints
by influencing key stakeholders
Candidates for the position
of Strategic IS Project Manager must be superlative communicators,
with multinational experience within a global organisation.
It is essential that candidates posses gravitas with the ability
to represent the company.